10 good reasons to choose ASPL
At ASPL we are very proud of the service we offer, making every client feel welcome. Here we have gathered together the key reasons why people stay with us and recommend us, after all it’s not just business ... it’s personal.
1. We are independent
As Independent Financial Advisers, we are free from any restrictions that could affect our ability to recommend whatever is best for you, our client.
According to our Regulator, independent advice is “unbiased and unrestricted, and based on a comprehensive and fair analysis of the relevant market.
We are also an Independent Private Limited Company, wholly owned by the three Directors. We are not part of a larger ‘umbrella’ firm. This means we are able to do business the way we want to, putting out clients at the heart of our business – and we are here for you for the long term.
2. Our advisers are highly qualified
Ivan is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERCM Professional and Adrian is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERCM Professional and Chartered Financial Planner.
They also conduct Continuing Professional Development on an ongoing basis, ensuring they always remain up-to-date.
These qualifications are a measure of credibility and excellence, proving that your adviser has demonstrated not only technical knowledge but can also apply that knowledge to a clearly defined financial planning process which helps you achieve your financial goals and objectives.
You can rest assured that you are receiving an effective financial planning service of the highest professional standard.
3. We aim to make your life easier!
Our experienced support team handle our private client administration. This means reducing your paperwork, removing the hassle!
Our Directors will plan with you, to ensure that you have the right money, at the right time.
4. We aim to make your money work harder for you
For example, we began investing in an independent City research resource in 2011/12, and their brief is to (a) reduce our clients’ cost of investing, and (b) enhance our clients’ overall investment returns.
5. We move with the times
We embrace new technologies and new investment strategies, if we believe that they add value to our overall client proposition.
Examples of this are:
- Paperless office (2005)
- Wrap Investment Platform (2006)
- Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) (2008)
- Passive Index Tracking Funds (2009)
- External Independent Research (2011)
6. Our ASPL service offerings are tailored for you
Throughout our relationship your receive personal care and attention tailored to suit you - how often you wish to review your financial planning and investments with us, how simple or complex your financial affairs are, and the value of the assets that you wish us to advise upon.
We offer four levels of client service:
- The ASPL Plutus Service, for investment portfolios typically over £1 million
- The ASPL Minerva Service, for investment portfolios typically over £500,000
- The ASPL Maia Service, for investment portfolios typically over £100,000
- The ASPL Direct Service, for investment portfolios typically less than £100,000 and where no formal ongoing Review or Monitoring service is required
7. We have a great team of people
... who provide you with a comprehensive service and warm welcome.
We offer all our clients an efficient, first-class, professional service, yet retaining the "personal touch".
Our seven “Core Values” as a team are that we are:
- A Team
8. We listen to what you have to say
At ASPL we take the time to listen to you, get to know you, and understand what you are trying to achieve, seeing you on a regular basis so that we can adapt your portfolio to changing demands and circumstances.
9. We’re easy to contact
You can always get hold of us!
- Our office hours are 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
- Our office telephone number is: 01676 521111
- Our email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adrian’s mobile number is: 07967 758662
- Ivan’s mobile number is: 07977 051562
- Our website address is: www.aspl.co.uk
10. You are protected
In the unlikely event of Adrian Smith & Partners Limited becoming insolvent, the UK Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) would take effect and eligible investors (principally private individuals) would be protected by the Scheme.
The FSCS is the UK's compensation fund of last resort for customers of authorised financial services firms. The FSCS may pay compensation if a firm is unable, or likely to be unable, to pay claims against it. This is usually because it has stopped trading or has been declared “in default”.
The actual level of compensation you receive will depend on the basis of your claim. The FSCS only pays compensation for financial loss. Compensation limits are per person per firm, and per claim category.
More than helpful – very approachable.Mrs G - Coventry